Monday, September 22, 2014

Cry Today! Please!

The waiter didn’t have pepper for my tomato soup, while I smiled and told him that’s OK; I started to plan his demises in my head in intricate detail.

Sheila decided that Sunday evening 9.30 p.m. is the best time to tell me I have to submit a high-priority write-up on Monday morning at 9.30 a.m. I managed to keep the sarcasm and cussing to myself, but the urge to fling my phone at her smiling face was seriously irresistible.

I spilt a cup of hot coffee over my favorite white shirt, and I am this close to murdering… the coffee. And, let’s not forget the time when I took a hundred photos at my favorite beach resort, hoping to capture at least one good picture of me and the backdrop - no prizes for guessing, but when not even one photo ends up looking good, you want to seriously burn that camera.. and bury those ashes inside the small box, and then go ahead and burn it again, and put that in another small box.. and you know what I want to do next.

You know that, when something as small as spilt coffee is enough to make you Lose. Your. Shit. It’s time to think what the hell is happening. It’s really not the waiter.. or Sheila or the coffee that made you want to lose your mind, its actually all the pent up emotions and frustrations inside you, that you’ve been holding onto.. forever! Crying is rarely a sign of strength and bravery, right? Wrong, you cry because you are human, and tears are what show you that you are actually alive and kicking. You went thru hell and guess what.. you’re still alive, you made it! You might be in tears, but that’s only because you feel something, you lost something, you want something, these are signs of someone realizing that crying relieves you of all the pent up emotions you are holding back.

Let me paint you a picture, when I cry there is kajal and mascara running down my cheeks, my eyes are bloodshot, my nose is red and resembles Rudolph, and I probably have tissue paper sticking out of my nose. Sob :( Sob.. That picture is enough to make me cry harder. But, one minute after that I’m fine and I'm raring to go! I might have broken down, but - Hey! I picked myself up and that’s all matters! (Avoid looking at the mirror as you cry, you might be scarred for life!)

I suggest/request/command/advice that you cry today. If you look as ugly as me when you’re crying, get into the loo and cry it out. I want you to release all the pend-up emotions so that you don’t kill Sheila.. or harm yourself. Now, I don’t suggest crying every day, but once in a while a few tears might just be your best friend.

Crying certainly won’t pay the bills/help you with your relationships/create new friends and it certainly won’t make you look physically attractive. But, it will make you stronger, braver and help you be patient, now, that would certainly solve a lot of problems, won’t it?

No comments: